Planning for a disabled child or adult with special needs begins with you. Protect an inheritance for a disabled family member or loved one with a special needs trust (SNT), whether the child or adult is diagnosed with developmental disability, intellectual disability, traumatic brain injury, mental health illness, or chronic illness such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.

My law firm provides counsel and advice on government benefits, legal representation in guardianship, and preparation of legal documents for the benefit of your special needs family member, including the following:

  • Draft the Special Needs Trust legal document as part of your estate planning, whether in your Will or Trust, or as a ‘living’ Special Needs Trust to receive lifetime gifts and inheritances from other family members for a cost-effective legal method for planning for government benefit protection and financial management

  • Establish a Pay Back Special (Supplemental) Needs Trust if your child or adult child needs government benefits, such as SSI and Medicaid, and has their own assets. My law firm guides you step-by-step on the use of the trust, duties of the trustee, and reporting requirements under Medicaid and Social Security rules

  • Become the 17A Guardian for your developmentally disabled family member through a Surrogate’s Court appointment that will authorize you to make their health care decisions and provide continuity of their care and security

  • Or, Become the Article 81 guardian to manage the complexities of your incapacitated child or adult family member’s health care and finances, including personal injury and medical malpractice settlements, through a Supreme Court appointment