Elder Law, Estate Planning
and Special Needs Law

(516) 741-9175

Make decisions about who will inherit your property with a Will or a Trust.

Create a Revocable Living Trust if you have a complex family situation such as:

  • A family member will be disinherited
  • Your family tree is not known and there are no known direct heirs
  • Real estate is owned in more than one U.S. state
  • Your second marriage produced children and you have children from a first marriage
Implement advanced strategies for minimizing or avoiding estate taxation including:

  • Life Insurance Trusts
  • Bypass or “Applicable Exclusion” tax planning trust in an estate plan for married couples
  • Child or Grandchild ‘gifting’ trusts
  • Limited Liability Corporations (LLC) and Family Limited Partnerships (FLP)
Provide future financial security and asset management for a disabled family member with a Special Needs Trust (SNT), whether your child or other adult in your family is diagnosed with a developmental disability, intellectual disability, traumatic brain injury, mental health illness, or chronic illness such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.

Options include:

  • Special Needs Trust legal document as part of your estate planning, whether in your Will or Trust
  • Living Special Needs Trust legal document so they can receive lifetime gifts and inheritances from other family members

(516) 741-9175 PHONE | (516) 741-9444 FAX |


Copyright ©2017 Polner Abrahams Law Firm - All Rights Reserved

What's on your mind?
Legal Update BLOG:
Contact Us!

Select all that apply:

Elder Law Planning


Supplemental Needs Trusts

Special Needs Planning


Estate & Tax Planning

Probate & Admin of Estates



March 8th, 2017

New Law – But NOT in NY State: Disabled Person Can Create Supplemental Needs Trust (SNT)

In December 2016, the Special Needs Trust Fairness Act was passed under then President Obama. The act amends the special needs trust laws to allow a competent but disabled person under the age of 65 years to establish ...



350 Old Country Road - Suite 101
Garden City, NY 11530

(516) 741-9175 PHONE
(516) 741 9444 FAX

No legal advice may be provided by e-mail or through the internet. No legal services, advice or counsel will be provided through this website.
For information about the legal topics in this website, you must seek legal advice from an attorney.
This site is not intended as a solicitation of business, nor to establish an attorney/client relationship.